INDUSTRIAL FACILITY MANAGER/PROJECT PLANNER/CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
LOCATION: CONUS (Significant Travel)
The Shenton Group is seeking a full-time Engineer/Construction Manager (“engineer”) to support modernization of Government Owned Contractor Operated (GOCO) ammunition industrial facilities in various locations across the mid- and eastern United States. Modernization projects to be supported range from small infrastructure efforts to large industrial processes. The engineer will provide subject matter expertise and recommendations to the United States Government (USG) for evaluation of contractor performance and proposals. This position allows the employee to complete most work from their home office at any location in the United States. Reimbursed travel to job sites will be required in support of specific projects and business development. Relocation to the customer’s primary location in Dover, New Jersey, is not mandatory but may be considered upon mutual agreement after 6-8 months.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Industrial Facility Sustainment Planning/Management. This includes experience across the entire lifecycle of industrial facility planning to include, but not limited to, facility and regulatory assessment, gap analysis, project identification, and project implementation, to include oversight during project execution. The successful candidate will have experience scoping and estimating facility improvement projects, as well as scheduling projects in the most efficient/effective sequence.
As a representative of The Shenton Group, the successful candidate will also be responsible for presenting him/herself in a professional manner at all times, authoring professional-looking documentation and deliverables, and contributing to overall corporate business development.
Key skills and requirements for this position include:
• Providing construction management support for modernization and facility projects during execution.
• Providing subject matter expertise and recommendations to USG technical evaluators in support of technical analysis of contractor proposals.
• Interpreting and summarizing material found in policies, regulations, and engineering criteria issued by Federal, State Governments and Department of Defense (DOD).
• Reviewing technical drawing packages and providing feedback to USG.
• Serving as the government’s on-site project engineer to monitor and track progress of individual projects against the project’s baseline execution schedule and report any variation to USG.
• Supporting all construction site activities, including foundation, framing, and building utilities.
• Monitoring and assessing the operating contractor's program that maintains the production facilities, operate plant support utilities and maintains associated infrastructure in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Providing professional advice and authoritative information on industry standards, regulatory requirements and the United Facilities Criteria (UFC) Code compliance for building design and construction; land use planning and development; infrastructure and sustainability planning; transportation, structural, geotechnical and environmental design.
Additional requirements include:
• U.S. Citizen
• Able to pass a criminal background check and identity verification
More about The Shenton Group:
TSG offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid holidays, vacation and sick time, cell phone allotment, performance bonus, profit sharing, 401K, flexible schedule and more. TSG has been successfully supporting the Army since 2003. Be a part of a growing team of professionals, in an environment that rewards hard work and dedication. Interested candidates should email their updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No solicitations or recruiters, please.
Please check back periodically, as our needs are likely to change.
The Shenton Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.